- Always lock your door, even if you only leave for a minute.
- Do not allow strangers to tailgate behind you.
- If someone asks to use your phone for emergency purposes, offer to telephone for them instead of allowing them access to your residence and possessions.
- Do not put your address anywhere that a stranger can gain easy access, such as a key chain or hang tag.
- On-campus, call 404-894-2500 to report suspicious activity. Immediately give the dispatcher your location and any pertinent information. If possible, stay on the line until help arrives or the dispatcher terminates the call.
- Use your ATM card during the day. If you must use the machine at night, go to an indoor or otherwise well-lit machine.
- Avoid working or studying alone in a building at night.
- Avoid using stairs in remote sections of a building.
- Never leave valuables unattended.
- Never prop doors open (especially fire doors).
- Advise police of any hazards or security problems.
- Walk with a friend at night.
- Park in a well lit areas near other vehicles or in high-traffic areas.
- Keep valuables in your vehicle out of sight.
- When leaving your vehicle, roll your windows up and lock your doors.
The Atlanta Department of Watershed Management has adjusted its timeline for fixing the water main that ruptured on June 27 near the intersection of Hemphill Avenue and Ferst Drive.
President Ángel Cabrera will join two other university presidents for a panel discussion at the 2020 Network for Change and Continuous Innovation (NCCI) virtual conference on July 8 and 9.
Most construction activities continued as planned in the first half of 2020.