The Crime Prevention Unit within the Georgia Tech Police Department engages everyone in the campus community in order to reduce crime and create a safer environment. We offer a range of free classes to help educate students, faculty, and staff about safety and awareness. Topics include:
- Crime Prevention 101. Get answers to questions such as, What exactly is suspicious behavior? What can I do to avoid having my stuff stolen? 60 minutes.
- Crime Prevention for International Students. Interactive discussion about the role of police in America, clarification about driving laws and privileges, and helpful safety concepts for living here in the US as an International Student. 60 minutes.
- Bicycle Safety. Learn how to stay safe on the road, what traffic laws apply to you, bicycle maintenance tips, and basic riding skills. Co-hosted by PTS. 60 minutes.
- Personal Safety 101. Tips and strategies to reduce your risk of victimization. 30 minutes.
- Self-Defense. Learn physical and non-physical self-defense skills and risk-avoidance techniques. 90 minutes.
- Active Shooter: Run, Hide, Fight. Basic preparation for what to do in the event you find yourself in an active shooter situation. 60 minutes.
- Basic Firearms Education and Safety. Learn the basics about carrying a firearm in Georgia, legally and safely. 120 minutes.
- Civilian Response to Active Shooter (CRASE). Advanced preparation for what to do in the event you find yourself in an active shooter situation. 60 minutes.
- Alcohol & Drug Awareness. What happens to your body when you use (or misuse) drugs or alcohol, and what steps to take in a medical emergency. 30 minutes.
- GT1000. First Year Student Seminar on how to successfully transition to Georgia Tech. Note: register for this through the GT Center for Academic Enrichment.
- GT2000. Transfer Student Seminar on how to successfully transition to Georgia Tech. Note: register for this through the GT Center for Academic Enrichment.
- LiveSafe Features. We’ll show you all the cool safety features in the free LiveSafe app! Demo and discussion, 20-30 minutes.
- Open Discussion Forum. Choose a topic! We’ll be happy to talk with your group about your concerns.
- Other. Don’t see it listed here? Let us know what you need!
Click here to register for classes.